3.12.2008


Ahhh... That's much better.

Vacation trip was fantastic. Beach, pool, naps, the city bus (man, they really tear-ass around) and good family time.

Very little knitting completed. The best of intentions.

::buzz buzz::


Pattern: Dragon Scale Mitts
Yarn: Frog Tree 100% Alpaca Sport Weight - cool organization.
Buy their stuff.
Note: US2 needles used to snug em up a bit.
Fit nicely, even on my big paws.

These will go toward Pay it Forward. Here's the status report:

Ladies - If you haven't yet sent me your addie, please do.
Let me be your knit stylist! :-)


We're now a 2 wheel house. Keri hooked me up with the Cadillac.
Spins with a whisper. Smooooooth... Increased productivity. Check it out.


Springtime
85% Superwash Merino, 5% Tencel, 5% Camel/Tussah Silk, 5% Nylon
fiber from Knitty Gritty Thoughts
120 yards
15 wpi - fingering weight

Keri also feeds my fiber face. Get yer own at her Etsy shop.



Mint Choco
45% Superwash Merino, 45% Tencel a & 10% Camel/Tussah Silk = SOOOOFT!
fiber from Knitty Gritty Thoughts
spun into 150 yards
12 wpi - sport weight

These next three coordinate:


Ginger
133 yards Falkland Wool
fiber from Hello Yarn
10 wpi - worsted weight


Radiant
80 yards Falkland Wool
hand dyed and spun by me to coordinate with Ginger from Hello Yarn
10 wpi - worsted weight


And lastly - the fusion.

Radiant Ginger
383 yards Falkland Wool
from my own handdyed roving (radiant) and Hello Yarn (ginger)
10 wpi - worsted weight

Moonpie has a birthday coming up. Thinking about using these three for a little gal's version of Cobblestone going from Radiant to Ginger and then, finally, the Fusion.

I hope she'll look like the little ray of sunshine she is!

11 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Oh...I'm so glad the vacation went well...even if NO knitting was accomplished.

That vibrant yellow yarn is something else indeed...how fun!

zarafa said...

oh goodie, i didn't think anyone was going to sign up for me to pay it forward! you can send me your email address at scharta at hotmail dot com or if you're on ravelry i'm zarafa there and you can pm me.

Ali said...

You're back! Hooray. I have a knitting crisis.

Your fusion is glorious - a breath of tropical air.

Anonymous said...

Wowee WOW! Awesome yarns. I just got a wheel and...man, I can go so much faster now. Now I can put all this great inspiration to use!

Orinda5 said...

I can't wait to see your cobblestone come together. I am drooling over all of your yarns!

Fairly Odd Mother said...

What a cool looking wheel! And that yarn is scrumptious!

Hey, glad to see you are back! And glad you had fun.

And, you can send me any 'mistakes' you make for Pay It Forward---this way I won't feel too badly about what I'm going to have to whip up for the poor souls that wanted to get something from me. (those fingerless gloves are the best!)

Guinifer said...

The spinning? Wow, and yummy!

Anonymous said...

Your spinning is so lovely, nuttnbunny! It's very inspiring.:) And you should definitely knit a little Cobblestone - it would be so great!

Anonymous said...

Yay for a great vacation!

I hope you understand that I only declined b/c I'd feel guilty receiving anything. It has nothing to do with not wanting to pay it forward or against you at all! I think you're fabulous and I think paying it forward is a great thing!

Anonymous said...

Oooh what yummy, yummy yarns! I am drooling on my keyboard. How is the new cadillac working out for you?

ChezAristote said...

Welcome back! Blogland got lonely.

Nice cadillac.